Re: Bill Choisser

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Gay Longhair ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ken in SF (other posts) on May 18, 2016 at 14:47:32:

In Reply to: Bill Choisser [PIC] posted by jonalbear on May 18, 2016 at 12:16:58:

: RIP Bill---A great guy and friend. You will be missed!

Hi jonalbear,

Yes, Bill will be greatly missed. 2 weeks ago I met up with his husband Larry in order to visit Bill in the hospital. I had no idea at the time that this would be the last time I'd ever see him. I'm still in shock.

For those who don't know, Bill was very instrumental in putting into place the hardware that keeps this site running smoothly behind-the-scenes. He was a brilliant technician, fun person to hang out with, and a life-long avid hiker (member of the Sierra Club's LGBT Chapter). Living only a 10 minute drive away from me, I had the joy and privilege of having visited Bill & Larry at their home many times. Bill also helped me set up & design my personal website in '04, including most of the hair pics there were taken by him.

I'm including a pic taken by Larry of Mark ("Hairball") on the left, Bill in the middle, and myself on the right -- the 4 of us having taken a hike through the Golden Gate National Recreation Area (including walking to the mid-way point of the GG Bridge), on Oct. 1st, 2013.

With great sadness,
Ken

Follow Ups:

CLICK HERE TO REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE

[ Gay Longhair ] [ FAQ ]