Re: Been a while...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Gay Longhair ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by luke (other posts) on August 10, 2015 at 21:11:13:

In Reply to: Re: Been a while... posted by Gordon on August 10, 2015 at 20:02:38:

There are always holes in Linux, but they are always changing-and most Linux exploits are aimed at Linux servers, not Linux desktops. Writing attack software against the Linux desktop is ten times the work for 1% oif the audience. BTW, I do not use any email providers based in the United States, block Google and Facebook except through Tor, and yes, has the encryption on a computer stolen in a police raid defeat their forensics. No, I do not back up the keys, I memorize them because I would rather lose the raw video clips of some of the protests I am in than let them fall into the hands of the cops.

When you are up against state-level attackers, closed source software of any kind written by a corporation with influence over the state in question is instantly untrusted. Also the hardware, so multiple layers of security are used. With end to end encryption and Tor when it counts, for instance, the untrusted routers and intermediate servers get nothing they can use.

No way in Hell I trust Microsoft, and forced updates can be used to do things like close holes YOU use to crack digital "rights" management. I choose to boycott all users of DRM, you might use Windows to crack it but require a specific version, rather like rooting phones.

Follow Ups:

CLICK HERE TO REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE

[ Gay Longhair ] [ FAQ ]