Re: the Beard Liberation Front

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Gay Longhair ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gordon (other posts) on March 18, 2014 at 05:14:37:

In Reply to: the Beard Liberation Front posted by gary on March 17, 2014 at 21:03:21:

>...My own preference would be to have a beard, but every time I grow it in (usually from simple laziness, as I don't enjoy shaving) it's so gray that I end up shaving it off. I want to hold on to a youthful look for a little while longer. GRIN

> So what do y'all think?

Personally, I think it's fairly silly to imagine that wrinkled, leathery, old, aging skin looks more "youthful" than a good beard, and that regardless of what color the hair of the beard is.

I also don't believe that "youthful" is necessarily an advantage... nobody looks at Santa (say) and says "gee, he sure looks *old*...!" Instead, the image conveys jolly, masculine, self-assured, and wise.

It's certainly true that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and different people have (sometimes very) different tastes. Not everybody particularly cares for my beard, but a lot of those who do, REALLY like it. And frankly, those who DON'T like it are generally people that I don't have any problem not having in my life.

Personally, I don't much care for the "androgynous" look. I like my men to look like MEN, unabashedly, proud. I enjoy having friends who are confident and PROUD of who they are. I really find men with beards and facial hair (as a rule) FAR more masculine, sexy, and desirable.

Follow Ups:

CLICK HERE TO REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE

[ Gay Longhair ] [ FAQ ]