Re: What about cultural reasons for having SHORT hair

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Gay Longhair ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rktect (other posts) on March 15, 2014 at 14:58:06:

In Reply to: What about cultural reasons for having SHORT hair posted by Gary on March 15, 2014 at 07:09:48:

An interesting and very good observation, Gary. One I have also noted. I can only speak form my experience. I am gay, always have been. Long hair for me is much a part of whoI am as being gay. I also am a gearhead, guitar playing rocker with a love of all things Architecture, particularly Mid century modern. These are all aspects of who I am. I also am a very independent creature. Very hard to "pigeonhole' me. I fit no complete stereotype, never have. A sad aspect, in part. is my straight friends seem to be more accepting of my lower back length hair than my Gay friends. it's only a matter of degrees, and there are some exceptions. I still can discern the difference and I find it just a bit hypocritical. Human nature, though is rife with examples of going with the herd mentality. My feeling is it all a part of my basic question authority mindset. Be who you are, not a reflection of others ideas of who you should be.

Follow Ups:

CLICK HERE TO REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE

[ Gay Longhair ] [ FAQ ]