Great advise, I agree...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Gay Longhair ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ken in SF (other posts) on March 06, 2014 at 14:47:06:

In Reply to: Re: long hair and using gell products posted by jonalbear on January 09, 2014 at 14:03:21:

: Peter B,
: I used to slick back my hair with gel so I could wear a hat at work. (washed it out frequently)Don't think it caused my hair much damage but can't imagine introducing all those chemicals to your hair is very healthy let alone wearing a ball cap. my hair is very thick and dense but has thinned substantially which is due to aging in my opinion. My advice is that if you don't have to use gel, don't.
: peace,
: jonalbear

Hi jonalbear and Peter B,

I used a lot of gel to slick back my hair during the "awkward phase", but only during my first time of growing my hair out (during the early '90s). When growing my hair back the 2nd time, after my deeply regretted short haircut of Y2K, I didn't care anymore about how "awkward" I looked, I just wanted my long hair back ASAP; so used very little to zero gel that time around.

As far as I know, gel never damaged my hair much; but nowadays I much prefer applying a small amount of olive oil into my hair ends and lower half of my mane, which adds moisture and easier manageability -- AND helps to prevent split ends... it feels much more natural, too!

Beneficial hair oils (like Kukui nut, Almond oil, Jojoba, as well as Olive oil) have been around much longer and been used historically, more "tried & true" than gels; but hey, whatever gets you through the tough times!

- Ken in San Francisco

Follow Ups:

CLICK HERE TO REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE

[ Gay Longhair ] [ FAQ ]