Re: Boyfriend's new short haircut

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Gay Longhair ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by harold (other posts) on January 24, 2014 at 11:05:09:

In Reply to: Boyfriend's new short haircut posted by Rob on January 24, 2014 at 07:27:04:

im sorry for your loss... :(

no, ive not been-thru what youre describing... so i dont have any actual experience to share...

ive found that if/when i make a "change" then it is usually for a reason... all i would ask of the boyfriend is to give you his reason(/s?)... if there was/is honest communication and yall maintain attempts at honest communication moving-forward, then it should be deal-able... sad, but deal-able...

otoh, if there are 'games' being played and/or honesty being manipulated in a way that you are uncomfortable with - then just take this "change" as a sign that it might be time to re-evaluate things in/about the relationship...

idk...

as youve said - it really is just hair... but we all have our identities and values tied in with certain aspects of ourselves... heck, even our relationships have their -own- identities and values...

he may not have realized that your-image of yalls-relationship had the mutual-longhair aspect as a priority...

have a chat together... check in with elements of the relationship that yall might be -both- taking for granted or leaving unsaid... use the opportunity this change has provided to let dialogue commence... who knows - it (communication) should help regardless...

again, im sorry for your loss - and it is ok to grieve/feel differently than he might (or might-not) be feeling...

hugs, h.

: I'm trying to make peace with my boyfriend's new 2" haircut that he showed up with little warning last weekend. I know it's just hair and in theory it shouldn't be a big deal, but I'm still finding myself feeling occasionally sad, depressed, or hurt. Wherever we went, we were always the longhair couple, and now that won't be the case anymore. I'm almost expecting the "When are you going to get YOUR hair cut, Rob?" comments. Of course our relationship has been based on more than just both of us being longhairs, but that particular detail mattered to me. Anybody else been through this and have some perspective to offer? Thanks, Rob

Follow Ups:

CLICK HERE TO REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE

[ Gay Longhair ] [ FAQ ]